We have a position available for an apprenticeship ╠řto complete a Certificate III in Commercial Cookery.
Verona Fresh Italian╠řbased in traditional Italian techniques the opportunity to learn from our Italian chefs
We have╠řa strong focus on team culture and believe in making you happy in your workplace this paired with a strong work life balance is the key to us getting the best out of you and you getting the most out of your training.
Our kitchen works at a fast pace and work schedules will include weekends.╠ř
You will need to be passionate about food, career driven and a team player. Training for an╠řapprentice╠řcook╠řcovers basic culinary skills, knife skills, knowledge of ingredients, use of commercial equipment and kitchen procedures.╠ř
Your main duties include but not limited to:╠ř
- Assisting the chef in the preparation and cooking of meals.
- Training to learn procedures and duties in food╠řpreparation.╠ř
- Working under the supervision of the chef.
- Operating commercial cooking equipment such as mixers, steamers, fryers, ovens and stoves.
- Serves food when╠řrequired.
- Kitchen cleaning, such as dish washing and equipment cleaning,╠řsanitation.
- Assists in other areas of food preparation and╠řstorage.
The ideal candidate will:╠ř
- Have a passion for the food╠řindustry.
- Be punctual and╠řreliable.
- Keen to learn all aspects of the╠řtrade.
- Be well╠řpresented.
- Be team╠řorientated.╠ř
- Be able to have fun while taking the role seriously.
Please send your cover letter and resume outlining your suitability for╠řthe role by clicking 'apply now'.╠ř
To be eligible for an apprenticeship or traineeship you must be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or have full working rights.╠ř